When you first log in to Digital ID, the default settings are:
- The Digital ID Toolbar is shown
- Digital ID Smartfield Icons are shown
- The Master Key is necessary to open the Main Window
- The Main Window locks itself if computer is inactive for 2 minutes
- The Main Window locks itself if computer goes to sleep
- Notifications are shown when an alias email address is generated
- Notifications about trackers are shown
To change theses settings click to the wheel on the top right of the Main Menu and check the Digital ID components and Notifications tabs.
Furthermore, by default:
- All detected trackers are blocked
- Data is collected on all websites (without being encrypted)
- Passwords are always encrypted
You can adjust your preferences for trackers from the Toolbar (for all the trackers detected on the page at once) or from the Tracker Panel (to fine tune by tracker or tracker category). You can block data collection for a specific website from the Toolbar. You can also encrypt pieces of data stored in your Data Manager.